That's right - a musician is offering to update your resume!
Before taking on music full-time, I (Wayne, that is) worked in the career services office of a major Atlanta law school, and learned what constituted a well-formatted resume. With that experience, I am now starting an online resume drafting service for people submitting applications for general entry-level and clerical positions (not to worry, I'm still making music, and this service will help fund my music projects!).
At a time when many people are, unfortunately, forced to enter the job market, having a professional looking resume is essential. How your resume looks is as important as what is contained in it; poorly designed resumes are likely to end up at the bottom of a stack, and that's not where you want yours to land.
Most resume writing services can be very expensive; I'm offering a flat rate between $30 and $45 (depending on level of service needed). Here's all you need to do:
Send an email to email@example.com with your current resume attached. Or, in the body of the email, give the following information:
1) Full name, mailing address, email address and phone number
2) List all jobs you've had, listing your title, starting month and year, and ending month and year.
3) For each job, describe the position, and the duties you performed
4) List of schools attended, with the dates and degrees received. For each school, you may want to list GPA, honors received, and any extra-curricular activities in which you participated.
5) List any volunteer work you have done (or still do), with dates and duties listed.
6) Any other information you feel is important in the construction of your resume.
After receiving your list, I will review it, contact you with any relevant questions or requests for further information, and once I have all loose ends together, I will build a resume for you. You'll receive a copy of the newly-formatted resume as a JPEG file for your review. At that point, you'll provide me with any corrections that need to be made, and then forward payment (instructions for doing so will be included with the review file). This process will cost $30. After receipt of payment, you'll receive the files in Microsoft Word format.
If you have a hard copy of an older resume that's no longer available electronically, you may scan it and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax it to 610.887.6064, being sure to send any updated information that needs to be added via email (following the process outlined above). Due to the fact that this will take extra transcription, the charge for this service will be $45.
Please let me know if you have any questions. I look forward to working with you!